Safes are an essential tool to protect the security of goods against theft. Their installation in establishments such as hotels provides a touch of distinction and confidence to customers. In this post we tell you everything you need to know about the different types, models and sizes of safes.
Where should a safe be installed?
Contrary to what many people think, safes are not used only in banks and private homes, but in all types of companies and institutions. The best example is hotels, tourist apartments and holiday homes, where a safe with an electronic lock on the access door adds a touch of quality, security and confidence for guests.
Safes are also used to store documents, money and valuables in many other work areas and institutional buildings, such as offices, workshops, supermarkets, industrial warehouses, health, sports and leisure centres, educational environments and government headquarters.
Types of safes
There is currently a wide range of models of safe on the market, differing from each other in aspects such as measurements, technological complexity and price. The different varieties can be classified according to the following criteria:
Electronic safe opening systems can use:
- Numeric code: A series of digits or a pin code entered on a numeric keypad to open the safe.
- MiFare Card: A MiFare proximity card with security credentials recorded beforehand.
- Bluetooth: This is the most advanced method. The safe is opened and closed remotely via Bluetooth with a smartphone app.
The following models vary according to the door position and operation:
- Front door: This is the most common type, with the door having a side hinge for opening at an angle of 90° to 110°, which is very useful for protecting very bulky objects.
- Sliding front door: Similar to that of a drawer, the front door and the container drawer move horizontally by means of sliding guides. These can be placed on desks or at the bottom of a piece of furniture.
- Top opening: The door is located on the top of the safe and rotates on a rear hinge; ideal for desks and the lower parts of built-in cupboards.
At Omnitec Systems, we have 7 safe sizes ideally suited to different areas, with specific requirements for protecting valuables such as laptops. These are their measurements:
- Standard: 20 x 36 x 22 cm.
- Pad: 20 x 36 x 27 cm.
- Laptop 15: 20 x 43 x 35 cm.
- Laptop 17: 20 x 40 x 48 cm.
- Folder: 20 x 43 x 40 cm.
- Avant 15: 12 x 40 x 35 cm.
- Avant 17: 12 x 40 x 48 cm.
Models of safes for hotels and tourist accommodation
Depending on the features of the hotel rooms and additional services required, accommodation owners can choose different types of safe.
The EXO hotel safe is the most convenient model, as it integrates Bluetooth, MiFare Proximity and numerical keypad opening. Also, its management, configuration and maintenance can be controlled from a smartphone, which can generate a valid random security code for exclusive emergency opening.
Protect and Supra hotel safes offer the most advanced security and management features for high-end hotels, including recording of all door opening and closing attempts. Finally, the Safeguard M-Plus and Safeguard models provide the ideal combination of protection, simplicity and convenience with the best value for money.
See our hotel and office safe section for the different models and descriptions of their additional features, for the best combination of security and convenience. If you want us to advise you in choosing the most appropriate safe, please do not hesitate to contact us.